Proximity sensors Arrangement on the FootBot Mobile robot

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
Yuliana

Proximity sensors Arrangement on the FootBot Mobile robot

Postby Yuliana » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Hello,

i have two questions please

1. i was wondering about the arrangement of the sensors ( from 0 ... 23) on the Footbot Robot, and for the command

const CCI_FootBotProximitySensor::TReadings& tProxReads = m_pcProximity->GetReadings();

CVector2 tProxReads , we have a value which is the distnace from the corresponding sensor to some distance
the angle is from the heading of this sensor to m_fDelta ?

thank you!

pincy
Site Admin

Re: Proximity sensors Arrangement on the FootBot Mobile robot

Postby pincy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Hi,
  1. The arrangement of the foot-bot proximity sensors is shown here: https://github.com/ilpincy/argos3/blob/ ... y_sensor.h.
  2. About

Code: Select all

const CCI_FootBotProximitySensor::TReadings& tProxReads = m_pcProximity->GetReadings();
    what is the question? This is plain C++ to get the readings from the proximity sensor.
  3. The returned data of each sensor is
    • A reading (a decaying exponential) that depends on the distance between the sensor and the object being detected. This reading is 0 when nothing is detected, and it increases exponentially to 1 when detected objects are closer.
    • The angle is measured between the nose of the robot (local X axis) and the angle at which the sensor is located on the body of the robot.
Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

Yuliana

Postby Yuliana » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:21 am

Hello,

Thanks a lot, that makes sense and makes the idea really clear

Best,

KariYergin

Postby KariYergin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:23 pm

As per my knowledge the reading that depends on the distance between the sensor and the object being detected. This reading is 0 when nothing is detected, and it increases exponentially to 1 when detected objects are closer.
The angle is measured between the nose of the robot and the angle at which the sensor is located on the body of the robot.

Return to “How to... ?”