Detect LED color between Footbot and Eyebot

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
Wleo

Detect LED color between Footbot and Eyebot

Postby Wleo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:04 pm

Hello guys,

I want to add the omnidirectional_camera and perspective_camera to the foot-bot and eye-bot to be able to detect the LED colors, from each other so they can interact not only with RNB sensor but with the LED colors too.

The omnidirectional_camera works with the footbot but not the eyebot and the perspective_camera does not work with any of them, so I think im doing something wrong.
This is the error I keep getting:

[FATAL] Failed to initialize the space.
[FATAL] Error while trying to distribute entities
[FATAL] Failed to initialize entity "eg0".
[FATAL] Failed to initialize controllable entity "controller_0".
[FATAL] Can't set controller for controllable entity "controller_0"
[FATAL] While getting a component from a composable entity
[FATAL] Component "omnidirectional_camera" does not exist in "eg0"

I have not been able to get around this error.

Thanks for the help,
Leonardo.

pincy
Site Admin

Re: Detect LED color between Footbot and Eyebot

Postby pincy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:23 pm

Hi Leonardo,

The current models of the foot-bot only includes the omnidirectional camera, while the current model of does not include any camera. Adding the perspective camera is a pretty simple change to make, anyway. I will release a new version of ARGoS this week, so if you can wait I'll add this change to the new version.

Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

Wleo

Postby Wleo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:33 pm

Hello Carlo,

I am really thankful for your help and for adding the omnidirectional_camera in the eyebot to detect the colors. Is there any way I can add that sensor my self to the eyebot? I will like to learn how to add different sensors to the robots.

thanks for your time,

Leonardo.

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi Leonardo,
I am really thankful for your help and for adding the omnidirectional_camera in the eyebot to detect the colors.
No problem! :-)
Note: I will add the perspective camera to the eye-bot, not the omnidirectional one. The eye-bot does not have an omnidirectional camera.
Is there any way I can add that sensor my self to the eyebot? I will like to learn how to add different sensors to the robots.
In principle you could and it's very easy (just 5-6 lines of code). But, since the eye-bot is shipped with ARGoS itself, it's a little annoying to do because you have to reinstall ARGoS. In the future, as soon as I have a little time, I might separate the ARGoS core repository from the ARGoS plugins.

I am writing the developer manual as fast as I can, to show how to make your own robots. I have written a part of it, you find it here: http://www.argos-sim.info/dev_manual.php. More will come soon.

Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

Wleo

Postby Wleo » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks for the help Carlo,
I will be looking forward to the new release of Argos, I appreciate you are adding the camera to the Eyebot.
Take care,
Leonardo.

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:32 am

Hi Leonardo,

The new release of ARGoS (beta40) adds the perspective camera to both the foot-bot and the eye-bot. Have a look at the output of

Code: Select all

$ argos3 -q foot-bot
and

Code: Select all

$ argos3 -q eye-bot
to see how it's done.

Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

Return to “How to... ?”