Compiling argos3 exaples on a mac

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
Elendurwen

Compiling argos3 exaples on a mac

Postby Elendurwen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:10 pm

I ran across a problem where I could not compile the argos3 examples. Cmake ran fine, but when compiling I got this error:

Code: Select all

...argosExamples/loop_functions/id_loop_functions/id_qtuser_functions.cpp:26:4: error: use of undeclared identifier 'GetQTOpenGLWidget'; did you mean 'GetOpenGLWidget'? GetQTOpenGLWidget().renderText(0.0, 0.0, 0.3,

I have browsed this forum and have seen that there have been some problems with QT on macs. It seems like they use different method signatures from those on linux.

I solved the problem by commenting out the following lines in loop_functions/CMakeLIsts.txt

Code: Select all

# If Qt+OpenGL dependencies were found, descend into these directories #if(ARGOS_COMPILE_QTOPENGL) # add_subdirectory(trajectory_loop_functions) # add_subdirectory(id_loop_functions) # add_subdirectory(manualcontrol_loop_functions) #endif(ARGOS_COMPILE_QTOPENGL)
Then I deleted the build directory and ran the whole cmake and build process again.

Still, it would be nice to use these examples, or to at least have a warning for mac users about this, perhaps somewhere in the readme file?

Lenka

pincy
Site Admin

Re: Compiling argos3 exaples on a mac

Postby pincy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:28 pm

Hi Lenka,

This little naming problem will be fixed in the upcoming version of ARGoS.

Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

Elendurwen

Postby Elendurwen » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:31 pm

Ah, great, Carlo!

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:19 pm

In the meantime, instead of avoiding to use Qt altogether, you can just fix the name in the examples.
I made ARGoS.

Return to “How to... ?”