Mini Quadrotor problem compiling

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
jamesbut

Mini Quadrotor problem compiling

Postby jamesbut » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 pm

I am trying to build the mini-quadrotor robot that is included in the ARGoS sources but not in the downloaded version of ARGoS. The model is a physx model and it seems like the physx library is not included in the downloaded ARGoS so therefore when I am trying to compile the mini-quadrotor it cannot find this library.

Does anybody know where I can get this library from so I can use it to compile the quadcopter or does anybody know why it is not available in the downloaded version of ARGoS?

Thank You
James

pincy
Site Admin

Re: Mini Quadrotor problem compiling

Postby pincy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi James,

The PhysX engine at the moment is experimental, and for this reason is being left out of the compilation. You can use the pointmass3d engine to control flying robots, in the meantime.

Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

jamesbut

Postby jamesbut » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for the reply. Ok cool, it seems that it is not too hard to implement a pointmass3d model into the mini-quadrotor. Should I just do something very similar to the eyebot where in the pointmass3d_eyebot_model.cpp you essentially just call the CPointMass3DQuadRotorModel constructor with all the appropriate constants and add a few other simple methods such as Reset and then pointmass3d takes care of it for you?

Thank You
James

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi James,

Yes, correct!

Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

jamesbut

Postby jamesbut » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Hi Carlo,

It seems that the CPointMass3DQuadRotorModel class takes in its constructor a CQuadRotorEntity which the Eyebot has however the MiniQuadRotor has a CRotorEquippedEntity instead. How would I get around this?

Should I just create a CQuadRotorEntity object in CMiniQuadrotorEntity.cpp and pass this to the CPointMass3DQuadRotorModel constructor? If I do this, will I still be able to use the mini quadrotor rotor actuator to control the quadrotor bot?

Thank You
James

Return to “How to... ?”