How to run the evolution example

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
M_Rizk

How to run the evolution example

Postby M_Rizk » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:21 am

I'm having trouble running the single process evolution example. I get the following error when I try to run galib.argos:

[FATAL] Error initializing loop functions
[FATAL] Can't load library "build/loop_functions/galib_phototaxis_loop_functions/libgalib_phototaxis_loop_functions" even after trying to add extensions for shared library (so) and module library (so):
/usr/lib/argos3/build/loop_functions/galib_phototaxis_loop_functions/libgalib_phototaxis_loop_functions: /usr/lib/argos3/build/loop_functions/galib_phototaxis_loop_functions/libgalib_phototaxis_loop_functions: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/argos3/build/loop_functions/galib_phototaxis_loop_functions/libgalib_phototaxis_loop_functions.so: /usr/lib/argos3/build/loop_functions/galib_phototaxis_loop_functions/libgalib_phototaxis_loop_functions.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/argos3/build/loop_functions/galib_phototaxis_loop_functions/libgalib_phototaxis_loop_functions.so: OK

The other examples seem to be working fine. I have galib and all the other prerequisites installed. I went to argos3/build_simulator and ran cmake ../src and the only thing it said was missing was GooglePerfTools. I don't think that's what's causing the problem, though.

I'm running 64-bit ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

I feel like I'm missing something very obvious, but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mostafa

pincy
Site Admin

Re: How to run the evolution example

Postby pincy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:52 am

Can you confirm that the galib loop functions library are where they're supposed to be?
I made ARGoS.

M_Rizk

Postby M_Rizk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:06 am

I checked the argos3-examples/build/loop_functions/ folder and the galib_loop_functions folder is missing.

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:23 am

Then GALib is either not installed or not detected by cmake. Check inside build/CMakeCache.txt and look for GALib.
I made ARGoS.

M_Rizk

Postby M_Rizk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:32 am

There are 4 mentions of GALib in the CMakeCache.txt

//Google PerfTools header location
GALIB_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=GALIB_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND

//Google PerfTools library location
GALIB_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libga.a

//ADVANCED property for variable: GALIB_INCLUDE_DIR
GALIB_INCLUDE_DIR-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1

//ADVANCED property for variable: GALIB_LIBRARY
GALIB_LIBRARY-ADVANCED:INTERNAL=1

I installed galib using "sudo apt-get install libga-dev" so it's probably that it's not being detected, I think.

Return to “How to... ?”