Argos and ROS with custom robot

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
ams

Argos and ROS with custom robot

Postby ams » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:24 pm

I'm trying to create a small swarm with ROS integration in ARGoS to test an algorithm before I put it on a group of real robots.

My ARGoS/ROS controller is based on the one that comes with the ARGoS/ROS plugin from https://github.com/BOTSlab/argos_bridge. I'm not using the omnicam, and I am using heading information, so I removed references to the omnicam and added a position sensor instead in my .argos file, and modified copies of the C++ file and header to define the ROS controller for ARGoS.

I cannot find any remaining instances of references to the omnicam, and the robot controller compiles and links, but when I try to start ARGoS with argos3 -c argos_worlds/compiler_test_basic.argos I get:
[INFO] Loaded library "/home/ams/TinyRobo/software/catkin_ws/src/argos_ros_bridge/ros_lib_links/libroscpp.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/home/ams/TinyRobo/software/catkin_ws/devel/lib/libtiny_robo_ros.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/home/ams/TinyRobo/software/catkin_ws/devel/lib/libapriltags.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/home/ams/TinyRobo/software/catkin_ws/devel/lib/libtranslator_lib.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/home/ams/TinyRobo/software/catkin_ws/devel/lib/libargos_ros_bot.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/home/ams/TinyRobo/software/catkin_ws/devel/lib/libapriltag_detector_nodelet.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/home/ams/TinyRobo/software/catkin_ws/devel/lib/libapriltag_detector.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/usr/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_qtopengl.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/usr/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_media.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/usr/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_footbot.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/usr/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_eyebot.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/usr/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_genericrobot.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/usr/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_spiri.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/usr/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_dynamics2d.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/usr/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_pointmass3d.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/usr/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_epuck.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/usr/lib/argos3/libargos3core_simulator.so"
[INFO] Loaded library "/usr/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_entities.so"
[INFO] Not using threads
[INFO] Using random seed = 124
[INFO] Using simulation clock tick = 0.1
[INFO] Total experiment length in clock ticks = unlimited
[INFO] The physics engine "dyn2d" will perform 10 iterations per tick (dt = 0.01 sec)
[FATAL] Failed to initialize the space.
[FATAL] Error while trying to distribute entities
[FATAL] Failed to initialize entity "bot0".
[FATAL] Failed to initialize controllable entity "controller_0".
[FATAL] Can't set controller for controllable entity "controller_0"
[FATAL] Unknown sensor type colored_blob_omnidirectional_camera requested in controller. Did you add it to the XML file?
I've attached my world/simulation configuration (as .txt, the board blocks attempts to add .argos files), and the header and .cpp file for the controller I'm working on. I can't find any references to colored_blob_omnidirectional_camera in any of them, so I'm not sure where it's coming from.
Attachments
test_world.argos.txt
(2.48 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
tiny_robo_ros.h
(3.31 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
tiny_robo_ros.cpp
(4.42 KiB) Downloaded 519 times

ams

Re: Argos and ROS with custom robot

Postby ams » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:50 pm

I think I have it. In my .argos file, I was instantiating an argos_ros_bot controller in the controllers section, I switched that to "tiny_robo_ros" and changed the ID I refer to it with in the "controller" section in distribute, and now it starts up fine.

The argos_ros_bot controller does have the omnicam, so that's what I was getting.

pincy
Site Admin

Re: Argos and ROS with custom robot

Postby pincy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Awesome! Post updates if you have news to share :-)
I made ARGoS.

Return to “How to... ?”