[FATAL] Error initializing controllers

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
mbt925

[FATAL] Error initializing controllers

Postby mbt925 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:28 pm

I am getting the following error for some of my projects. I don't know why. It was OK before.

Code: Select all

$ argos3 -c experiments/epuck_test1.argos [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_qtopengl.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_footbot.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_dynamics3d.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_media.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_epuck.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_prototype.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_spiri.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_entities.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3core_simulator.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_eyebot.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_pointmass3d.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_genericrobot.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_dynamics2d.so" [INFO] Not using threads [INFO] Using random seed = 124 [INFO] Using simulation clock tick = 0.0333333 [INFO] Total experiment length in clock ticks = unlimited [FATAL] Error initializing controllers [FATAL] Can't load library "build/controllers/epuck_test1/libepuck_test1.so" even after trying to add extensions for shared library (so) and module library (so): /usr/local/lib/argos3/build/controllers/epuck_test1/libepuck_test1.so: /usr/local/lib/argos3/build/controllers/epuck_test1/libepuck_test1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory /usr/local/lib/argos3/build/controllers/epuck_test1/libepuck_test1.so.so: /usr/local/lib/argos3/build/controllers/epuck_test1/libepuck_test1.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory /usr/local/lib/argos3/build/controllers/epuck_test1/libepuck_test1.so.so: OK

pincy
Site Admin

Re: [FATAL] Error initializing controllers

Postby pincy » Wed May 23, 2018 6:52 pm

The error says:

Can't load library "build/controllers/epuck_test1/libepuck_test1.so" even after trying to add extensions for shared library (so) and module library (so):
Either you're running ARGoS from the wrong directory, or the library does not exist. Try with

$ ls build/controllers/epuck_test1/libepuck_test1.so
Does that say that the library exists?
I made ARGoS.

mbt925

Postby mbt925 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:18 am

Yes, the library exists, and I am running ARGoS from the same directory I always do. All other samples run with no problem.
If I copy the *.so file to

/usr/local/lib/argos3/build/controllers/epuck_test1/
, the sample runs, but nothing happens in the simulator and all the robots are frozen.

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Thu May 24, 2018 12:50 pm

You shouldn't copy your controller files in /usr. ARGoS looks for those files in multiple directories and reports where it did. Probably it's something in your code. Zip the entire project directory you have (delete the build directory) and upload it here, I'll have a look.
I made ARGoS.

mbt925

Postby mbt925 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:56 pm

I emailed the code.

Return to “How to... ?”