IDs of neighbouring Kilobots

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
jholl

IDs of neighbouring Kilobots

Postby jholl » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to ARGoS so apologies for the simple question.

I was wondering if it is possible to determine the list of neighbouring kilobot IDs that are communicating with one kilobot at any given time?

I understand that I can get the amount of neighbours by doing something like:

Code: Select all

CCI_KilobotCommunicationSensor::TPackets in = m_pcSensorIn->GetPackets(); LOGERR << in.size();
, but just not what neighbours they are.

pincy
Site Admin

Re: IDs of neighbouring Kilobots

Postby pincy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:30 pm

ARGoS strives to provide realistic simulation. In real life, you cannot have the id unless you send it, so in ARGoS it is the same. There are workarounds to provide the robots with information they would not be allowed to have - if you explain what you're trying to achieve, I might be able to provide you with better guidance.
I made ARGoS.

jholl

Postby jholl » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

Apologies if I was unclear in my question, yes that's what I am looking to do. How would I go about sending the IDs in a message? So, it is possible to customise each message sent as long as it is within the memory capacity?

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Yes, you can send in the messages whatever information you want. In real life you don't have many bits available, so you have to make do with the limits of the kilobot. Say you have 32 robots in your experiment, then you can use 5 bits to encode the id, and the rest of the available bits to encode information.
I made ARGoS.

Return to “How to... ?”