Running examples using Ubuntu 32bit

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
leloric

Running examples using Ubuntu 32bit

Postby leloric » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:54 pm

I am on section 2 of the documentation (Running ARGoS for the first time)
After the following command:

Code: Select all

$ cmake ..
i received these errors:

CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found. Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name. -- GCC/G++ version >= 4.2 -- Found ARGoS: /usr/lib/argos2 -- Could NOT find GALIB (missing: GALIB_LIBRARY GALIB_INCLUDE_DIR) -- GSL using gsl-config /usr/bin/gsl-config -- Using GSL from /usr -- Looking for Q_WS_X11 CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake:37 (GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT): get_filename_component called with incorrect number of arguments Call Stack (most recent call first): CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT)
I guess it meant that it could not find the CXX compiler.
Anyone encountered this problem before?

pincy
Site Admin

Re: Running examples using Ubuntu 32bit

Postby pincy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi leloric,

yeah, the problem is that your installation is missing the compiler. In theory, when you install the .deb package of ARGoS it should automatically check for those packages. If that's not the case, I'll make a quick fix for the next release.

To fix your problem right now, you should be good installing the build-essentials package.

Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

leloric

Postby leloric » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:30 pm

What do you mean by 'installing the build-essentials package'?
and
Where do I get them from?

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:35 pm

That's Ubuntu-related stuff. Have a look at this guide: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingSoftware.
I made ARGoS.

leloric

Postby leloric » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 pm

I have managed to install the GAlib into my Ubuntu.
Using the cmake command has produced the following results:

-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found. Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name. -- GCC/G++ version >= 4.2 -- Found GALIB: /usr/lib/libga.so -- GSL using gsl-config /usr/bin/gsl-config -- Using GSL from /usr -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
Looks like I have to set the CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a path.

Edit: Have solved the problem:
To solve it for ubuntu users key this in your terminal:

sudo apt-get install build-essential -y
A long list of stuff will appear and after everything is over try cmake command again and you should have the following:

-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 4.7.2 -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done -- GCC/G++ version >= 4.2 -- GSL using gsl-config /usr/bin/gsl-config -- Using GSL from /usr -- Configuring done -- Generating done -- Build files have been written to: /home/a9658007/argos2-examples/build
Thats it :D

@Moderator/Administrator: If this is of any use to future users, you can sticky this.

Return to “How to... ?”