Is there vector 3D definition?

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
leloric

Is there vector 3D definition?

Postby leloric » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build a controller for eyebot_diffusion from scratch (as it is not included in the examples).
This is so that I can get a feel of how to program my own robots using ARGoS in the future.

In the footbot_diffusion, there is a line that goes:

Code: Select all

/* 2D vector definition */ #include <argos2/common/utility/math/vector2.h>
I am wondering is there a 3D vector definition?
I tried to follow the file link to no avail.

Would appreciate if anyone could confirm this with me.

pincy
Site Admin

Re: Is there vector 3D definition?

Postby pincy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi leloric,

sure there is a definition of the 3D vector, as well as other useful mathematical classes. Everything is installed in /usr/include/argos2/common/utility/math. There's a number of further utility classes and functions in /usr/include/argos2/common/utility.

Ciao!
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

leloric

Postby leloric » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Thanks for the reply Carlo.
Struggling through the coding as we speak.
Guess I will continue afte my weekend ...

Need Break!!!

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:18 pm

You're welcome! Good luck with your code :-)
I made ARGoS.

leloric

Postby leloric » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:44 pm

I have a question:

void CFootBotDiffusion::ControlStep() {
/* Get readings from proximity sensor */
const CCI_FootBotProximitySensor::TReadings& tProxReads = m_pcProximity->GetReadings();
&
void CEyeBotDiffusion::ControlStep() {
/* Get readings from distance scanner sensor */
const CCI_EyeBotDistanceScannerSensor::TReadings& tDistReads = m_pcDistance->GetReadings();

Originally, I changed only the parts highlighted in red. Running the make command produced error saying that it does not recognise tProxReads. After searching through all the documents to no avail, I (got inspired and) changed the part highlighted in blue and it ran ok under make command. Could someone explain how tProxReads and tDistReads work, and their differences other than name?

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:44 pm

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Could you please copy-paste the actual error message you got from make?
I made ARGoS.

leloric

Postby leloric » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:00 pm

The error is as follows:

/home/a9658007/argos2-user/controllers/eyebot_diffusion/eyebot_diffusion.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CEyeBotDiffusion::ControlStep()’: /home/a9658007/argos2-user/controllers/eyebot_diffusion/eyebot_diffusion.cpp:56:26: error: ‘tProxReads’ was not declared in this scope

leloric

Postby leloric » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:35 pm

I have noticed that the eyebot_distance_scanner_sensor.h does not has a distance variable while the footbot_distance_scanner_sensor.h has both angle and distance.

Is it ok to modify the eyebot_distance_scanner_sensor.h to incorporate the distance?
Or is it possible to use the footbot_distance_scanner_sensor.h on the eyebot which I am making?

leloric

Postby leloric » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:19 pm

Found out that I cannot modify the codes in common/control_interface.
Used the footbot distance scanner sensor instead.

Could not compile because of the altitude sensor causing problem.

CEyeBotDiffusion::CEyeBotDiffusion() : m_pcPropellers(NULL), m_pcLEDs(NULL), m_pcAltitude(NULL) << causing problem m_pcDistance(2.5f), m_cAlpha(10.0f), m_fDelta(0.5f), m_cAltitude(0.0f) << causing problem m_fPropellerLinearVelocity(2.5f), m_fPropellerAngularVelocity(2.5f), m_cGoStraightAngleRange(-ToRadians(m_cAlpha), ToRadians(m_cAlpha)) {} /****************************************/ /****************************************/ void CEyeBotDiffusion::Init(TConfigurationNode& t_node) { m_pcPropellers = dynamic_cast<CCI_EyeBotPropellersActuator* >(GetRobot().GetActuator("eyebot_propellers")); m_pcLEDs = dynamic_cast<CCI_EyeBotLedsActuator* >(GetRobot().GetActuator("eyebot_leds")); m_pcAltitude = dynamic_cast<CCI_EyeBotAltitudeSensor* >(GetRobot().GetSensor ("eyebot_altitude")); m_pcDistance = dynamic_cast<CCI_FootBotDistanceScannerSensor*>(GetRobot().GetSensor ("footbot_distance_scanner")); GetNodeAttributeOrDefault(t_node, "alpha", m_cAlpha, m_cAlpha); m_cGoStraightAngleRange.Set(-ToRadians(m_cAlpha), ToRadians(m_cAlpha)); GetNodeAttributeOrDefault(t_node, "delta", m_fDelta, m_fDelta); GetNodeAttributeOrDefault(t_node, "velocity", m_fPropellerLinearVelocity, m_fPropellerAngularVelocity); GetNodeAttributeOrDefault(t_node, "altitude", m_fAltitude); }
Error:

/home/a9658007/argos2-user/controllers/eyebot_diffusion/eyebot_diffusion.cpp: In constructor ‘CEyeBotDiffusion::CEyeBotDiffusion()’: /home/a9658007/argos2-user/controllers/eyebot_diffusion/eyebot_diffusion.cpp:20:36: error: cannot convert ‘float’ to ‘argos::CCI_FootBotDistanceScannerSensor*’ in initialization
I am confused as to when m_fxxxxx and m_cxxxxxx for my variables.
Greatly in need of advice and help.
Building this alone is truly difficult.

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:33 pm

You can't modify the interfaces in the common_interface directory, for two reasons. First, because that's the robot control interface - modifying that interface means modifying the way the robot works. Second, because the files are installed system-wide.
Also, you can't use the foot-bot distance scanner with the eye-bot - the two robots are different in reality as well as in simulation.

If you're confused on how to proceed, write me a PM at cpinciro@ulb.ac.be and we can arrange a Skype call.
I made ARGoS.

Return to “How to... ?”