Unrecognised symbol when installing plugin

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
dmb

Unrecognised symbol when installing plugin

Postby dmb » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi,

I have installed a plugin, https://github.com/resilient-swarms/thymio, but trying to run the example in the documentation gives me symbol lookup error.

Code: Select all

argos3 -c src/testing/thymio_diffusion/testexperiment.argos [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_genericrobot.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_entities.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_eyebot.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_pointmass3d.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_epuck.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_dynamics3d.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_media.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_prototype.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3core_simulator.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_footbot.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_spiri.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_dynamics2d.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_thymio.so" [INFO] Loaded library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_qtopengl.so" [INFO] Not using threads [INFO] Using random seed = 124 [INFO] Using simulation clock tick = 0.1 [INFO] Total experiment length in clock ticks = 12000 [INFO] Loaded library "./build/src/testing/thymio_diffusion/libthymio_diffusion.so" [INFO] Loaded library "./build/src/testing/thymio_diffusion/trajectory_loop_functions/libtrajectory_loop_functions.so" [INFO] The physics engine "dyn2d" will perform 10 iterations per tick (dt = 0.01 sec) [FATAL] Failed to initialize the space. [FATAL] Error while trying to distribute entities [FATAL] Failed to initialize entity "eb00". [FATAL] Failed to initialize controllable entity "controller_0". [FATAL] Can't set controller for controllable entity "controller_0" [FATAL] Symbol "thymio_proximity (default)" not found
I was able to use it some time ago, but don't know what has changed.

I have tried to install from source as well as from binary, both give the same result. Also I have tried my desktop with Ubuntu 16 and my laptop with Ubuntu 18. I was able to install the plugin before, so don't know what has changed.

The log.txt attached has the build info.

Do you have any idea what may be the problem here ?
Attachments
log.txt
(8.13 KiB) Downloaded 658 times

dmb

Re: Unrecognised symbol when installing plugin

Postby dmb » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:46 pm

Ok I have managed to detect and solve the problem.

It was due to a mismatch between the sensors and what was given in the configuration; one had a capital and another did not.

Return to “How to... ?”