Multiple dynamics3d engines without plugin use?

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
jharwell

Multiple dynamics3d engines without plugin use?

Postby jharwell » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:24 pm

Hi Carlo/Michael,

I know that multiple dynamics3d engines is not currently supported in general, because the boundary transfer is not implemented for all of the dynamics3d plugins to correctly transfer their information as robots cross the boundaries between engines.

My question is more narrow: if I don't use ANY of the dynamics3d plugins, would entity transfer work correctly as it does for the dynamics2d engine? It looks like that is implemented in the CPhysicsModel class that the CDynamics3DEngine inherits from, so in theory it might work?

I'm currently trying to find a robot model+3D physics engine combination that will allow me to have multiple engines so I can try some large scale simulations in 3D. If what I'm asking turns out to be true, then problem solved! If it is not true, then how hard would it be to add the capability for multiple dynamics3d engines/entity transfer between engines when there are not any plugins in use?

Thanks!
- John

jharwell

Re: Multiple dynamics3d engines without plugin use?

Postby jharwell » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:03 pm

Carlo/Michael--any thoughts on this?

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:56 pm

Try sending an email to Michael. He is the author of the engine and doesn't read the forum.
I made ARGoS.

jharwell

Postby jharwell » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:02 pm

Will do--thanks!

Return to “How to... ?”