Error running basic examples

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
Ons_snO

Error running basic examples

Postby Ons_snO » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:55 pm

Hello,

When I try to run any simulation from the examples provided through GitHub, I get this error:

Code: Select all

[FATAL] Can't load library "/usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_epuck.so" even after trying to add extensions for shared library (so) and module library (so): /usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_epuck.so: libQt5Core.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory /usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_epuck.so.so: /usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_epuck.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory /usr/local/lib/argos3/libargos3plugin_simulator_epuck.so.so: OK
Any idea how to solve this, please?

Thank you in advance!

jharwell

Re: Error running basic examples

Postby jharwell » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:22 am

Did you install ARGoS from source or from a package ? It looks like ARGOS can't find all its libraries. Does the <install prefix>/lib/argos3 contain the epuck library ?

- John

Ons_snO

Postby Ons_snO » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:38 am

Hi John,
Many thanks for your reply.
I have Argos libraries including the ones mentioned in the error message.

libargos3core_simulator.so libargos3plugin_simulator_genericrobot.so libargos3plugin_simulator_dynamics2d.so libargos3plugin_simulator_media.so libargos3plugin_simulator_dynamics3d.so libargos3plugin_simulator_pointmass3d.so libargos3plugin_simulator_entities.so libargos3plugin_simulator_prototype.so libargos3plugin_simulator_epuck.so libargos3plugin_simulator_qtopengl.so libargos3plugin_simulator_eyebot.so libargos3plugin_simulator_spiri.so libargos3plugin_simulator_footbot.so
I have installed it from a package.

Many thanks

jharwell

Postby jharwell » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:05 pm

Do you have Qt installed ? It looks like libQt5Core.so is missing. What does "ldd /path/to/argos3/lib/libargos3plugin_simulator_epuck.so" show ?

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:34 pm

Do you happen to have Anaconda installed? That is a common cause for errors like this. Please report the output of 'echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH', it's gonna help us find spot the issue.
I made ARGoS.

Ons_snO

Postby Ons_snO » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:50 pm

Many thanks for your answers. I fixed that issue, but now I have another one.

[FATAL] Failed to initialize the visualization. Parse error in the <visualization> subtree. [FATAL] Error initializing QTOpenGL camera settings [FATAL] Error parsing attribute "idx" Attribute does not exist <ticpp.h@1791>
I have tried all the possible solutions I found online, but nothing helped.

Do you have any idea how to fix this please?

Appreciate your help!

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:16 pm

We just updated ARGoS to beta57. The attribute 'idx' became 'index'. Check the output of 'argos3 -q qt-opengl' for details.
I made ARGoS.

Return to “How to... ?”