example "flocking.argos"

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
alexprocopio

example "flocking.argos"

Postby alexprocopio » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:53 pm

How can I change the example "flocking.argos" for when the robots surround the light sensor,
the light sensor can move, simulating what is a bird, and robots continue surrounding the sensor?

I am studying Brazilian has installed 10 days this simulator.
Very interesting, just need more documentation to understand it.

Hugs to all.

Alex Procopio
alex.procopio @ hotmail.com

pincy
Site Admin

Re: example "flocking.argos"

Postby pincy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi Alex,

You can change the position of the light using the loop functions. To understand how the loop functions work, have a look at the CLoopFunction class documentation; for an example, check the foraging experiment.

In the end, the code boils down to this:

Code: Select all

/***********************/ /* my_loop_functions.h */ /***********************/ class MyLoopFunctions : public CLoopFunctions { public: virtual void PostStep(); };

/*************************/ /* my_loop_functions.cpp */ /*************************/ void MyLoopFunctions::PostStep() { // Get a reference to the light CLightEntity& cLight = dynamic_cast<CLightEntity&>(GetSpace().GetEntity("light")); // Move the light entity to the wanted position cLight.SetPosition(CVector3(x, y, z)); } REGISTER_LOOP_FUNCTIONS(MyLoopFunctions, "my_loop_functions");
To use the loop functions, add this to your .argos file:

/******************/ /* flocking.argos */ /******************/ <argos-configuration> ... <loop_functions library="/PATH/TO/libmy_loop_functions.so" label="my_loop_functions" /> ... </argos-configuration>
Alternatively, if you want to have a controller dedicated to the moving object, you can add a robot playing the part of the bird and write a controller for it.

Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

alexprocopio

Postby alexprocopio » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:57 am

On the way "argos3-examples \ loop_functions" created the directory "my_loop_functions" and created the files inside "my_loop_functions.cpp" and "my_loop_functions.h"

In "argos3-examples \ experiments" changed the file "flocking.argos" adding:
"<loop_functions library="build/loop_functions/my_loop_functions/libmy_loop_functions.so" label="my_loop_functions">
</ loop_functions> "

phaco how to compile? gotta change anything else?
went "argos3-example/build" performed:
cmake ..
make
cd ..
experiments argos3-c / flocking.argos

but the error below, anyone know what I'm doing wrong??
[INFO] Not using threads
[INFO] Using random seed = 124
[INFO] Using simulation clock tick = 0.1
[INFO] Total experiment length in clock ticks = unlimited
./build/loop_functions/my_loop_functions/libmy_loop_functions.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/argos3/build/loop_functions/my_loop_functions/libmy_loop_functions.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FATAL] Error initializing loop functions
[FATAL] Can't load library "build/loop_functions/my_loop_functions/libmy_loop_functions.so".[/b]

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:17 am

Have a closer look at the examples. You'll notice that every directory contains a file called CMakeLists.txt. Each of these files contains commands to tell CMake which files to compile and how.

First, you need to modify loop_functions/CMakeLists.txt and add a line add_subdirectory (my_loop_functions). This tells CMake to descend into that directory and execute what the CMakeLists.txt there says.

Then, you need to write a CMakeLists.txt file in loop_functions/my_loop_functions. You can take as example the foraging loop functions or the trajectory loop functions (for the latter, you need to git pull because I added the trajectory example yesterday).

Hope this helps. For more information about CMake, check the manual because it's really well done :-)
I made ARGoS.

alexprocopio

Postby alexprocopio » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:54 pm

hello!
In the lecture notes on "Pattern Formation" mentions adding a loop in the distance and pontencial Lennard-Jones, calculating the sine and cosine. AT the end of function calculates the tangent of these angles.

In the example "footbot_flocking.cpp" I realized that idea is not implemented. It did not work the previous one?

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question :-)

In the notes for the students, I put it as a challenge to extend the algorithm to form square lattices.

In the ARGoS examples I just implemented the base algorithm for explanatory purposes.

The two things are unrelated.
I made ARGoS.

alexprocopio

Postby alexprocopio » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Good morning! Now I get it. Was accessing beyond the examples files, other files in the simulator to find the sine and cosine functions. I realized that this is not linked with the material of lecture notes.

Thanks for your help, every day I'm enjoying more this simulator.
hugs

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:26 pm

OK, nice it was solved.

Thanks for your nice words :-)
I made ARGoS.

alexprocopio

Postby alexprocopio » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Hello!

I woke up early today and am studying ARGOS. But I do not understand some details of the ideas of the algorithm and how the simulator executes. I quote this simulator in my master's dissertation.
You for a case, would not have some stuff for me to read about the construction of the experiments? Their implementations? lecture notes? May be even drafts.
any help is welcome.

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:59 am

I made ARGoS.

Return to “How to... ?”