RoboNetSim (ARGoS + ns3) installation

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
squiddon

Re: RoboNetSim (ARGoS + ns3) installation

Postby squiddon » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:31 pm

Ah, I think I can see how to do it.

Within the CForagingLoopFunctions::PreStep() function I could do something like the following:

Obtain data from individual robots
Pass data to central controller
Analyse data in central controller
Return robots' actions after analysis

Is that what you were suggesting?

Thanks
Nick

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Precisely! :mrgreen:
I made ARGoS.

squiddon

Postby squiddon » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:59 am

Excellent :)

So glad I switched from Stage!

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:32 am

Yay! :D
I made ARGoS.

robertomagan

Postby robertomagan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:08 am

Hi,

The short answer is: change argos2-examples/CMakeLists.txt:5 from

Code: Select all

set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH /usr/share/argos2 ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake)
into

set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH /usr/local/share/argos2 ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake)
The explanation is the following.

As the output says, the problem is that CMake can't find the file FindARGoS.cmake.

This file should be located in /usr/share/argos2/.

Following the procedure in http://www.idsia.ch/~gianni/SwarmRoboti ... GoS/README, you end up installing ARGoS2 in /usr/local, which would then install FindARGoS.cmake in /usr/local/share/argos2.

The base CMakeLists.txt file in argos2-examples assumes that the installation path is /usr/share/argos2/, so you get that error.

Cheers,
Carlo
Hi Carlo:

Last Thursday I successfully finished the RoboNetSim installation ;) also I run the example to stablish the communication between ARGoS and NS3 through RoboNetSim. However, yesterday my ubuntu 12.04 update manager decided to uninstall ARGoS :( This way, yesterday morning, I tried to re-install ARGoS and its demo examples but without much luck. ARGoS was correctly installed but when I tried to build the examples an error appeared :(. You can see the error in the following:

roberto@roberto-PORTEGE-Z930:~/RoboNetSim/ARGoS/argos2-examples/build$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release .. -- The C compiler identification is GNU -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works -- Detecting C compiler ABI info -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:6 (find_package): Could not find module FindARGoS.cmake or a configuration file for package ARGoS. Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindARGoS.cmake or set ARGoS_DIR to the directory containing a CMake configuration file for ARGoS. The file will have one of the following names: ARGoSConfig.cmake argos-config.cmake -- Found GALIB: /usr/local/lib/libga.a -- GSL using gsl-config /usr/local/bin/gsl-config -- Using GSL from /usr/local -- Looking for Q_WS_X11 -- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - found -- Looking for Q_WS_WIN -- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found. -- Looking for Q_WS_QWS -- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found. -- Looking for Q_WS_MAC -- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found. -- Found Qt4: /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.6/bin/qmake (found version "4.8.6") -- Could NOT find OpenGL (missing: OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY) -- OpenGL not found. -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
As you can see, it is the same error that you solved here but unfortunately your solution did not fix it in my case :( Even more, argos2 is not installed neither in /usr/share/argos2 nor /usr/local/share/argos2 :(

Please, can you help me? Do you have any idea?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Roberto.

squiddon

Postby squiddon » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:57 am

Have you got the OpenGL development headers installed? apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev

Return to “How to... ?”