pointmass3d physics engine not working properly under version beta59 with kilobots

Discussions regarding ARGoS bugs. Report bugs here.
asion

pointmass3d physics engine not working properly under version beta59 with kilobots

Postby asion » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:56 pm

Hello,
I tried to change the physics engine in a simulation using kilobots from dynamics2d to pointmass3d to study a case where the robots would not have any collision. I was using the last version of ARGoS, beta59. While comparing both physics engines, dynamics2d worked fine as expected but with pointmass3d, the kilobots were barely moving. After trying multiple configurations, I decided to reinstall ARGoS cleanly from the compiled binaries but this bug subsisted. Then, I reinstalled an older version of ARGoS, beta56 and the bug disappeared with the kilobots moving at a normal speed when using pointmass3d.
It seems to me that between these two versions of ARGoS, there may have been a change done to the pointmass3d physics engine that caused the bug with the kilobots ?
Cheers,
Antoine Sion

pincy
Site Admin

Re: pointmass3d physics engine not working properly under version beta59 with kilobots

Postby pincy » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:02 pm

Thanks for the bug report! I don't know what the cause might be, but I'll check it out in the weekend.
I made ARGoS.

luigifeola

Re: pointmass3d physics engine not working properly under version beta59 with kilobots

Postby luigifeola » Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:09 pm

Thanks for the bug report! I don't know what the cause might be, but I'll check it out in the weekend.
Hi pincy,

I experienced the same issue as asion. Did you have any news regarding this?
Alternatively, as asion, I was trying to uninstall argos beta59 in order to install beta56. The point is that I cannot run the following command, as suggested in the user manual:

Code: Select all

$ sudo /usr/share/argos3/uninstall_argos.sh
since that file does not exist in that path.
Moreover, I also tried to uninstall argos as you suggest in other replies here on the forum:

$ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/argos3 $ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/doc/argos3 $ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/include/argos3 $ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/argos3 $ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/argos3_simulator.pc $ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/libexec/argos3 $ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/share/man/man1/argos3.1.gz $ sudo rm -rf /usr/local/share/argos3
But nothing happens, still argos installed. How can I be sure about the ARGoS location, and how may I uninstall it?

Thank you,
Luigi

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:07 pm

Luigi, uninstalling ARGoS depends on how you installed it.
  1. If you installed it using the package manager of Ubuntu, then just use the same package manager to delete it;
  2. If you installed in manually, in theory it should have been installed in /usr/local, in which case the commands you reported are correct. If that's not the case, to know where ARGoS is installed, just type

which argos3
    and replace /usr/local with whatever comes before argos3 in the output excluding bin/ (e.g., if you get /op/bin/argos3, you'll replace /usr/local with /opt)
I made ARGoS.

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:08 pm

As for the original request, I have gone through the diff between the versions but nothing came out as obvious. I'll spend a bit more time on it.
I made ARGoS.

HarryT

Postby HarryT » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:28 am

Hello,

Is there any news about this bug? I would like to have some feedback on this.

Cordially,
My website : annatube.com

Return to “Bugs”