The problems encountered while running argos3 on Ubuntu22.04 through VsCode

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
tbw111123

The problems encountered while running argos3 on Ubuntu22.04 through VsCode

Postby tbw111123 » Tue May 09, 2023 9:29 am

Hello pincy

I encountered two problems when running the first example in argos3-kilobot in VsCode. The following errors:

qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "wayland" in ""
argos3: symbol lookup error: /snap/core20/current/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: undefined symbol: __libc_pthread_init, version GLIBC_PRIVATE

How should I do?

pincy
Site Admin

Re: The problems encountered while running argos3 on Ubuntu22.04 through VsCode

Postby pincy » Tue May 09, 2023 3:53 pm

I have never seen these problems before. The first one I can guess is related to Wayland and Qt, so I'd Google it. It doesn't look like an ARGoS issue specifically.
The second looks like a linking issue. Is your Ubuntu a vanilla installation, or there's something special about it? For example, you might have something in your environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH that confuses the linker.
I made ARGoS.

tbw111123

Postby tbw111123 » Wed May 10, 2023 2:42 pm

Thanks for your response, pincy.

For the first problems, I found some possible solutions on Google, such as 'sudo apt install qtwayland5' and installing an older version of OpenCV. However, I have tried both of these methods and they have not been successful. As for my Ubuntu installation method, I am not sure since I downloaded the Ubuntu OS image from the website and the specific version is 22.04.2 (desktop-amd64).

There is an interesting issue, when I run argos3 in the terminal, the second problem does not occur, and the first one only becomes a warning:
Warning: Ignoring WAYLAND_DISPLAY on Gnome. Use QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland to run on Wayland anyway.
Argos3 can run normally.I guess that it might be a problem with vscode? Or rather, the terminal can help me ignore many problems?

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Sun May 14, 2023 1:16 am

I don't use VSCode, so I am not sure what might be going wrong with it. I use ARGoS from the terminal, so if that works then ARGoS seems to be doing everything right. I would suggest you to look into what VSCode does differently from the command line.
I made ARGoS.

Return to “How to... ?”