Error while trying to run ARGoS3 examples

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
svk

Error while trying to run ARGoS3 examples

Postby svk » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:57 am

Error message "argos3: error while loading shared libraries: libargos3core_simulator.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I looked for the file and it is present in build_simulator/core. Why is argos3 not able to find it? :?: :!:

Please help,
Thank you.

pincy
Site Admin

Re: Error while trying to run ARGoS3 examples

Postby pincy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:15 am

Hi,

You need to install ARGoS3 system-wide. You can do it following the instructions here: https://github.com/ilpincy/argos3#insta ... d-binaries.

Cheers!
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

svk

Postby svk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:58 am

Hi Carlo,

I had followed those instructions the first time itself. Nevertheless I did it again, multiple times, and I encountered the same error.

I noticed that there was a directory argos2 in usr/lib/ but no argos3. So I created a directory named argos3 and copied libargos3core_simulator.so into it. It seemed to have solved it.

Now I get this warning, [WARNING] Can't open library "./build/controllers/footbot_diffusion/libfootbot_diffusion": ./build/controllers/footbot_diffusion/libfootbot_diffusion: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

But the simulation ran as expected, despite the warning.

Are there any other shared object files that I have to copy into usr/lib/argos3 ?

Thanks and Cheers,
Venkat

svk

Postby svk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:00 am

Update : Debugging the warning was pretty straightforward. The extension .so was missing in the <footbot_diffusion_controller ..> tag

M_Rizk

Postby M_Rizk » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:45 am

For anyone else who gets this error, I solved it by following the instructions at this page:

https://lonesysadmin.net/2013/02/22/err ... ject-file/

Essentially, the problem is that the .so files are located in usr/local/lib and the dynamic linker doesn't check that directory. If you have root priviliges, you just add usr/local/lib in the last line of /etc/ld.so.conf and that should fix it. If you don't have root priviliges, the article mentions that too.

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:52 am

The fix you're mentioning works on some distributions, but not on all. Some distributions use the /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ directory, in which the ARGoS installer puts a dedicated file automatically.

Other distributions don't use this directory (but they're becoming rare, because it's the old system), and require you to edit /etc/ld.so.conf as you correctly posted. In this case, you get the above error.

Moral of the story: always specify the type of distribution you're using :-)

Final word: thanks for linking the article and taking the time to share! :-)
I made ARGoS.

Tameem

Postby Tameem » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:22 pm

I have installed argos in Linux (Ubuntu 22.04).
While create build folder and run cmake, I encounter with this error. Need help.

-- Build files have been written to: /home/tameem/Downloads/neatfa/argos/build
[ 2%] Automatic MOC for target iAnt_controller
[ 2%] Built target iAnt_controller_autogen
[ 4%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/iAnt_controller_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o
[ 6%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/iAnt_controller.cpp.o
[ 8%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/iAnt_loop_functions.cpp.o
[ 10%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/iAnt_pheromone.cpp.o
[ 12%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/nn/Perceptron.cpp.o
[ 14%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/nn/Neuron.cpp.o
[ 16%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/nn/NeuralNetwork.cpp.o
[ 18%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/ga/Chromosome.cpp.o
[ 20%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/nn/NeuralNetFactory.cpp.o
[ 22%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/nn/ValueNeuron.cpp.o
[ 25%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/ga/BasicGA.cpp.o
[ 27%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/ga/Unique.cpp.o
[ 29%] Building CXX object source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/ga/ChromosomeFactory.cpp.o
[ 31%] Linking CXX shared library libiAnt_controller.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -largos3core_simulator: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -largos3plugin_simulator_entities: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -largos3plugin_simulator_footbot: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -largos3plugin_simulator_genericrobot: No such file or directory
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/build.make:289: source/libiAnt_controller.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:108: source/CMakeFiles/iAnt_controller.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:91: all] Error 2

Return to “How to... ?”