Unable to Add New Class in Argos2 Existing Code

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
Waqar731

Unable to Add New Class in Argos2 Existing Code

Postby Waqar731 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi

I have made a class for storing the information of visitied arena. I run that class separtate on ubuntu it compiles and run successfully.
But when I am trying to add this new class in my existing code of Argos2. But i get error when i use the 'make' command to compile all files.

Code of class is given below:

Code: Select all

#include <iostream> class CCI_Point { private: double x; double y; public: CCI_Point() { x = 0.0; y = 0.0; } CCI_Point (double x, double y) { this->x = x; this->y = y; } bool operator==(const CCI_Point &that) const { return (x == that.x && y == that.y); } double getX() const { return this->x; } double getY() const { return this->y; } }; namespace std { template <> class std::hash<CCI_Point> { public: inline size_t operator()(const CCI_Point &p) const { hash<double> double_hasher; return double_hasher(p.getX()) ^ double_hasher(p.getY()); } }; };
I got the error given below

In file included from /home/waqar/argos2-examples/controllers/distance_scannar/distance_scannar.h:26:0, from /home/waqar/argos2-examples/controllers/distance_scannar/distance_scannar.cpp:1: /usr/include/argos2/common/control_interface/ci_point.h:36:25: error: ‘hash’ is not a class template template <> class std::hash<CCI_Point> ^ /usr/include/argos2/common/control_interface/ci_point.h:37:2: error: qualified name does not name a class before ‘{’ token { ^
Waqar Hussain

pincy
Site Admin

Re: Unable to Add New Class in Argos2 Existing Code

Postby pincy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:58 am

Hi,

The problem you are encountering is not related to ARGoS. Rather, it's a syntax error in the use of templates.

You're trying to redefine the class std::hash<>, which you can't do because the class is already defined.

If you want to use the class std::hash<> with your class CCI_Point, you just need to write

std::hash<CCI_Point> my_point_hash;
See also http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/utility/hash.

Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

Waqar731

Postby Waqar731 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:08 am

Hi,
Actually when i compile and run this code separately from argos code then it gives 100% correct result but when i tried using argos then it gives error.
However, now i have even update the code as you suggest, but still having a problem.

Code is given below:

#include <iostream> class CCI_Point { private: double x; double y; public: CCI_Point() { x = 0.0; y = 0.0; } CCI_Point (double x, double y) { this->x = x; this->y = y; } bool operator==(const CCI_Point &that) const { return (x == that.x && y == that.y); } double getX() const { return this->x; } double getY() const { return this->y; } }; namespace std { std::hash<CCI_Point> my_point_hash; };
Error is given below:

In file included from /home/waqar/argos2-examples/controllers/distance_scannar/distance_scannar.h:26:0, from /home/waqar/argos2-examples/controllers/distance_scannar/distance_scannar.cpp:1: /usr/include/argos2/common/control_interface/ci_point.h:37:2: error: ‘hash’ in namespace ‘std’ does not name a type std::hash<CCI_Point> my_point_hash; ^
For example:

http://prateekvjoshi.com/2014/06/05/usi ... d-classes/

The main puurpose of doing is that i want to store the x and y point in hash table. First i implement this algorithm outside the argos simulator it gives correct result. The code is given below

#include <iostream> #include <unordered_set> #include <vector> class Point { private: double x; double y; public: Point() { x = 0.0; y = 0.0; } Point (double x, double y) { this->x = x; this->y = y; } bool operator==(const Point &that) const { return (x == that.x && y == that.y); } double getX() const { return this->x; } double getY() const { return this->y; } }; namespace std { template <> class hash<Point> { public: inline size_t operator()(const Point &p) const { hash<double> double_hasher; return double_hasher(p.getX()) ^ double_hasher(p.getY()); } }; }; using namespace std; int main(int argc, char **argv) { std::unordered_set<Point> points_visited; std::vector< std::vector<Point> > arena; arena.resize(5); for(int i=0; i < 5; i++) { arena[i].resize(5); } for(int i = 0; i < 5; i++) { for(int j=0; j < 5; j++) { arena[i][j] = Point((double)i, (double)j); if(i == j) { points_visited.insert(arena[i][j]); } } } points_visited.insert(arena[2][3]); for(int i = 0; i < 5; i++) { for(int j = 0; j < 5; j++) { //cout only the points that were not visited. auto got = points_visited.find(arena[i][j]); if(got == points_visited.end()) { std::cout << arena[i][j].getX() << " " << arena[i][j].getY() << std::endl; } else { cout << "Coordinates (" << i << ", " << j << ")" <<" has already been visited" << endl; } } } }
But when i try to use same code in argos2 simulator in a (ci_point.h) header file. Then i am getting the error.

What 's the difference between simple compiler and argos2 compiler?
What is the reason behind this error?
How to solve this bug?
Waqar Hussain

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi,

Again, this is not an issue with ARGoS.
The main puurpose of doing is that i want to store the x and y point in hash table.
If you want to store your point class in a hash map, you could use the map definition provided by the standard library: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/map/map/. That would be the simplest option.
I don't understand exactly why you're linking that blog post, which talks about a different topic: custom hashing rather than hash maps.

The code in your original request and the one you say is working differ substantially. In particular:
  1. In your original request you wrote "std::hash" (which is wrong), while in the code you report as working, you wrote just "hash" (which is right);
  2. In your original request the error refers to std::hash not being a template (that's because you're probably missing an #include), while in the code you report as working the #include statements are in place.
Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

Waqar731

Postby Waqar731 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi,
"how to activate C++11" in builld in Argos2?
Waqar Hussain

Return to “How to... ?”