Object detection

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
arij

Object detection

Postby arij » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:54 pm

hi

i have project to detect any object by robots in flocking... here are example of light detection and gripping which is not helping me in my project.. another problem is movement of robots in flocking without tracking light.. can u help me please

arij

pincy
Site Admin

Re: Object detection

Postby pincy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi arij,

I can help you if you give me enough information on what you want to achieve. Try and be specific. In particular:
  • "Object detection" in robotics could mean literally anything. What kind of objects? Detected how?
  • What do you mean by "flocking without tracking light"?
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

arij

Postby arij » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:16 am

hi

thank for reply...

1. object detection:
i want to detect human by robots , is there any sensor in Argos that sens human structure.if yes then which one and how ... it will be enough for me if i am able to detect any cylindrical or circular shape. :roll:

2. flocking without tacking light:
i want that robots will move in flocking or fallow the leader. here is example of flocking of robots which move by tracking light ..if i remove light then they unable to move. if i select leader robot with yellow LED and follow that robots then flocking will disturbed some of robots will follow and other cannot...

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:00 pm

1. object detection:
i want to detect human by robots , is there any sensor in Argos that sens human structure.if yes then which one and how ... it will be enough for me if i am able to detect any cylindrical or circular shape. :roll:
Camera filtering is very expensive in simulation, and simulating it efficiently for large swarms (>100 robots) is currently impossible. So no, ARGoS does not do this kind of stuff. You can add it yourself, but you'll have problems with scalability.
An alternative solution is to move a cylinder around. You can place an LED on top of a cylinder and let the robots detect that LED. This would be similar to having a human wearing devices such as AirLeash, which are routinely used for simple robots that follow humans.
2. flocking without tacking light:
i want that robots will move in flocking or fallow the leader. here is example of flocking of robots which move by tracking light ..if i remove light then they unable to move. if i select leader robot with yellow LED and follow that robots then flocking will disturbed some of robots will follow and other cannot...
Well, for that you can try Google Scholar :-) For instance, the top result if you type 'leader based flocking' is this: http://people.virginia.edu/~zl5y/housheng/flocking.pdf.
I made ARGoS.

arij

Postby arij » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:54 am

hi

Thanks for your help

jaffar

Postby jaffar » Tue May 05, 2015 9:02 am

Hi,

I have same problem, but when add cylinder in my Arena like this
<cylinder id="c" height="0.2" radius="0.1" mass="0.1" movable="true">
<body position="0.5,0,0" orientation="0,0,0" medium="leds"/>
</cylinder>
I added LED in media like this
<media>
<led id="leds" />
</media>
That LED is working on footbots but It is not working on Cylinder because when I run my simulation footbot detect the LED of other footbots but it can't detect LED on cylinder. How will I add LED on cylinder to detect it by Footbot?

Thanks

fionashim

Postby fionashim » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi Jaffar

Did you manage to get your LED on the cylinder working?

Fiona

pincy
Site Admin

Postby pincy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi,

I must have missed this one! Have a look at the output of argos3 -q cylinder:

Code: Select all

It is possible to add any number of colored LEDs to the cylinder. In this way, the cylinder is visible with a robot camera. The position and color of the LEDs is specified with the following syntax: <arena ...> ... <cylinder id="cyl1" radius="0.8" height="0.5" movable="true" mass="2.5"> <body position="0.4,2.3,0" orientation="45,0,0" /> <leds> <led position=" 0.15, 0.15,0.15" color="white" /> <led position="-0.15, 0.15,0" color="red" /> <led position=" 0.15, 0.15,0" color="blue" /> <led position=" 0.15,-0.15,0" color="green" /> </leds> </cylinder> ... </arena> In the example, four LEDs are added around the cylinder. The LEDs have different colors and are located around the cylinder. The LEDs are managed by the LED medium declared in the <media> section of the configuration file with id "id_of_led_medium"
Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

Return to “How to... ?”