Wifi

Requests regarding how to set up experiments in ARGoS.
arij

Wifi

Postby arij » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:50 am

hi

i have two question.

1. Can we communicate robots with each other while using wifi.
2. i write number of victim detection in text file. i have two types of swarm both are using same controller. i want that both swarm update text file while checking how many victims detected by other swarm. For exmple if first swarm1 detected 4 victims and swarm2 detected 1 then update the text file by writing 5. How i can do this? by wifi or any other solution..

Regards

Arij

pincy
Site Admin

Re: Wifi

Postby pincy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi Arij,
1. Can we communicate robots with each other while using wifi.
You can use the range-and-bearing system. It's a wifi communication system that also allows for situated communication.
2. i write number of victim detection in text file. i have two types of swarm both are using same controller. i want that both swarm update text file while checking how many victims detected by other swarm. For exmple if first swarm1 detected 4 victims and swarm2 detected 1 then update the text file by writing 5. How i can do this? by wifi or any other solution..
A text file open by every robot is not a good solution. You could open the text file in the loop functions and manage it there.

There are two possible ways to achieve the result you want, depending on the focus of your work.

1. Doing it for real. In this case, you need to design a communication protocol for the robots. Go on Google scholar, look for "distributed consensus algorithm", and pick the one that suits you. Beware, it's not a simple problem to solve.

2. You can simulate it. You can use the loop functions to calculate how many victims have been found. This is what is done in this post: http://blog.ascens-ist.eu/2015/01/distr ... bot-swarm/. The trick is to have a special robot play the role of the victim and detect when it's been saved. Then in the loop functions you go through the victims and check whether they have been saved or not. In this way you don't need to have a communication protocol.

Cheers,
Carlo
I made ARGoS.

Return to “How to... ?”